You can help us with all aspects of your case by doing the following things:

  • Whenever you have questions, call the New York State Child Support Customer Service Helpline (NYSCSCSHL) at (888) 208-4485 toll free Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (except holidays).
  • Contact the NYSCSCSHL whenever your address, telephone number or employer changes. Please be sure to include your name, the non-custodial parent's name, your social security number and account number.
  • Tell us about changes in the non-custodial parent's employment, address, telephone number or if you have additional information.
  • Promptly return requests for written information.
  • Tell us if you are working with a private attorney or agency to collect your child support and if the attorney or agency files any legal documents in court that deal with your child support. Make sure you tell the private attorney or agency that you have a case with us.
  • Provide us with copies of all court orders that pertain to your case.

Remember that the best service we can provide is to ensure that your child receives the ordered child support. We need your cooperation to do this.

Tell us of any important changes affecting your case, such as:

  • Your child reaches 21 years of age
  • Someone else adopts your child
  • Your child marries
  • Your child no longer lives with you
  • Your child is deceased
  • You and the non-custodial parent decide to live together or marry
  • Either parent goes to jail
  • Either parent dies

The more information you can provide about yourself and the other parent, the better we can help.