- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 10:50
Emergency Services is a Department of Social Services after-hour, weekend and holiday mandated program responsible for receiving referrals and assessing the need for arranging and providing emergency services to adult individuals, children, and families in crisis situations.
Services which may be provided include:
- Child Protective Services
- Adult Protective Services
- Runaway Services
- Foster Care Services
- Domestic Violence Services
- Family Housing Assistance
- Single Adult Housing Assistance
- Homemaker Services
- Preventive Services
- General Information and Referral Services
The Emergency Hotline is (914) 995-2099 and is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Staff is in the office Monday through Friday, 4 p.m. to 12 midnight.
County Police will answer the hotline Monday through Friday, 12 midnight to 9 a.m. and round the clock weekends and holidays, and refer to Emergency Services.
The Office of Child Protective Services will answer Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you believe a child is in immediate danger, call the Child Abuse Hotline at (800) 342-3720 or 911.