Be a changemaker. Join the Westchester County Department of Social Services and make a difference. Click to find out more.

The mission of the Westchester County Department of Social Services is to empower its customers to become independent and to ensure the health, safety and protection of vulnerable adults and children.

The department betters the lives of hundreds of thousands of County residents each year, providing help with:

To apply for services or inquire about your benefits, call or visit one of our district offices

You may also use New York State's My Benefits web portal -- a quick and easy way to apply for and find answers to questions about New York State's programs and services.

In the event of a specific emergency, you can call:

  • Child Abuse Hotline (800) 342-3720
  • Abandoned Infant Information (866) 505-SAFE (7233)
  • Protective Services for Adults Intake (914) 995-2259
  • Emergency Services (914) 995-2099
  • Or, you can always call 911 in any emergency

If you are a mandated reporter, the hotline for child abuse and maltreatment reports is (800) 635-1522. This is for use by mandated reporters only.

NYDocSubmit Mobile App
NYDocSubmit is a mobile application that allows certain applicants and recipients in Westchester to take pictures of their documents and submit them to their local district office using their Apple iOS or Android device. There is no need for the individual to take time off from work, stand in line or travel to the district office to drop off documents.

Case Management Information Center (CMIC)
By contacting our Case Management Information Center (CMIC) at (914) 995-3333, you can do the following without having to come to your local District Office:

  • Get general information
  • Have an Application mailed to you
  • Have a Recertification mailed to you
  • Check if documents were received
  • Check the status of your case
  • Notify the Agency that you have moved or update your contact information
  • Report any changes to your case
  • Get a copy of your budget
  • Have a copy of a notice or decision on your case mailed to you
  • Request a benefit card (CBIC)